Michigan Thumbcoast 2023 Holiday Guide
‘Tis the season for a magical Michigan holiday for the entire family. The Thumbcoast has many holiday-filled seasonal events, unique gift boutiques, lighted parades, horse-drawn wagon rides, and one-of-a-kind tree farms for that holiday masterpiece you’ll decorate! Grab a hot chocolate, put on the festive music, get a warm blanket, and mark your calendar because you’ll want to make plans to visit!
This guide will be updated as the holiday season approaches. Be sure to check back for more added events and fun!
Featured Photo | Lexington Christmas Horse Parade, Memories by Annette
Oct. 27 – Nov. 26 • Christmas Schooner Musical, Marine City
Nov. 17 • Lighted Santa Parade, St. Clair
Nov. 22 – Jan. 2 • Winter Celebration at Pine Grove Park, Port Huron
Nov. 24 • Santa Parade, Port Huron
Nov. 25 • Christmas Light Trolley Tours with Candlelight Lighthouse Climb
Nov. 25 • Meet & Greet with Elsa, Fort Gratiot
Nov. 25 • Christmas Open House & Lighted Trail, Port Sanilac
Dec. 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23 • Christmas Light Trolley Tours with Candlelight Lighthouse Climb
Dec. 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23 • Horse-Drawn Carriage Rides in Sherman Woods
Dec. 1 – 29 • Christmas Tree Walk, Algonac
Dec. 1 – 23 • Elf the Musical, St. Clair
Dec. 1 – 17 • Nutcracker Play, Port Huron
Dec. 1 • Ugly Sweater Pub Crawl, Marine City
Dec. 1 • Krampus at the Mariner, Marine City
Dec. 2 • Merrytime Christmas, Marine City
Dec. 2 • Santa at the Mariner, Marine City
Dec. 2 – 3 • The Nutcracker Ballet, Port Huron
Dec. 2 • Christmas Tree Lighting & Merchant Walk, Lexington
Dec. 2 • Lighted Christmas Parade, Harbor Beach
Dec. 3 • Christmas in the ‘Nac, Algonac
Dec. 3 • Breakfast with Santa, Goodells
Dec. 3 • A Carpenter’s Christmas, Lexington
Dec. 8 • Rocky Mountain Christmas a John Denver Tribute, Lexington
Dec. 8 – 10 • A Christmas Story the Musical, Port Huron
Dec. 9 • Christmas Horse Parade, Lexington
Dec. 9 • Lighted Christmas Parade, Yale
Dec. 9 • Sounds of the Holiday Symphonic Band, Port Huron
Dec. 9 – 10 • Christmas Market – Meet Santa, St. Clair
Dec. 14 – 15 • The Midnite Hour “Christmas Special,” Marine City
Dec. 16 • An Irish Nutcracker Ballet, Port Huron
Dec. 16 • Holiday Tea Party, Port Sanilac
Dec. 16 • Lunch with Santa, Port Huron
Dec. 28 • Detroit Circus Christmas Theme, Port Huron
Port Huron Santa Parade
Holiday Tree Farms
- Western’s Tree Farm in Applegate, about 36 miles north of Port Huron, a 4th generation family farm featuring wagon rides, craft shop with u-cut and pre-cut trees to pick from. They will be open 7 days a week, 9 – 5 pm (with the exception of Thanksgiving Day) starting Nov. 18th.
- Natural Farms in Ruby, 12 miles west of Port Huron, has locally grown organic Blue, White and Norway Spruce trees. Their opening day is Nov. 24th.
- Centennial Pines Tree Farm in Goodells, 17 miles west of Port Huron. They are a family owned farm open on the weekends for u-cut, hayrides and tree wrapping. Opening day is Nov. 24th.
- Country Christmas Tree Farm & Gifts in Greenwood, 25 miles north of Port Huron, has a classic holiday experience including wagon rides, hot chocolate, gift shopping and u-cut trees. Opening day is Nov. 18th, Friday – Sunday, 9 – 5 pm.
- Creekside Christmas Trees in Port Austin is open for the season on Nov. 24th with pre-cut trees, wreath classes, and gifts at the Sugar Plum Shack.
- Shea Tree Farm in Marine City is open for the season on Nov. 24th at their choose and cut tree farm with wagon rides.
Tour of the holiday lights in Port Huron from a trolley or carriage ride. Port Huron Museums has a trolley tour of lights followed by a candlelight climb of Michigan’s oldest lighthouse, the Fort Gratiot Light. Tickets are available on Eventbrite.
- Nov. 25
- Dec. 1 – 2, 8 – 9, 15 – 16, 22 – 23
Majestic Heart is offering horse-drawn carriage rides to see the holiday lights in Sherman Woods, a popular holiday lights display in Port Huron.
- Dec. 1 -2, 8 – 9, 15 – 16, 22 – 23
There are two free outdoor ice rinks with cooling systems that allow for an extended season even if the temperatures are on the warmer side.
- McMorran Plaza Park Rink
- 701 McMorran Blvd., Port Huron
- Ice Skate Rentals, Beer Garden, Fire Pits
- Gallup Park Rink
- 271 W. State St., Port Austin
- November – April, Covered Rink, Fire Pits
Article by Katie Stepp, Blue Water Area Convention & Visitors Bureau