Advertise in our Visitor Guide!
Download Visitor Guide
Sign-up for great to-dos, know-hows and insider tips!
Connect With Us!
Zip Trip Video
Tim Allen Radio Spot
Be a Tourist in Your Own Town
6/2/2018 - 10:00 AM to 6/2/2018 - 4:00 PM
Port Huron -
Port Huron, MI 48060
Add To Trip
Be a Tourist in Your Own Town and the Taste of Port Huron, on Saturday, June 2, 2018 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., is a chance for visitors and area residents to discover the attractions and history that brands Port Huron the Maritime Capital of the Great Lakes. A family day filled with fun and lots to do and see. Blue Water Area residents are encouraged to “Bring a Tourist” so they can “Discover the Blue” and learn about the Blue Water Area’s significant Attractions.
The event will feature many of Port Huron’s signature attractions. Free trolleys and buses will run continuously between points of interest. Explore the Blue Water River Walk, tour Michigan’s oldest working lighthouse, see how a Sea Cadet training ship operates, learn the history of ice harvesting, see the original train depot Thomas Edison worked in as a young inventor and take part in kid’s science activities. There is something for everyone to enjoy. Port Huron has a variety of downtown restaurants and a collection of art sculptures located throughout the city. Most attractions are free or discounted for the day.
1. Blue Water Sturgeon Festival and Huron Lady Sturgeon Cruises, Advanced cruise ticket purchase required
2. Vantage Point - Sturgeon Festival hub, Flower Market, Hike the Blue Water River Walk and Wetland County Park
3. Blue Water Area Transit Depot—Tourist Bus Transfer to north and south attractions—audio history
4. CGC Bramble - Visit this former Coast Guard vessel and the rich history of the past
5. YMCA of the Blue Water Area - Demonstrations
6. The Grayfox - Tour a former Navy ship and watch Sea Cadet Boatswain demonstrations
7. Art Studio 1219 - View art exhibits, pottery and special demonstrations
8. Knowlton Ice Museum of North America - History of ice harvesting, short film, kid’s crafts
9. SC4 Tower Climb - Free. Climb the 188 steps for a birds eye view of the City. Closed-toe shoes only, no sandals or flip flops. Grounds open to all.
10. SC4 Hands On Science Museum—Free hands on activities, along with hundreds of artifacts and exhibits spanning Earth’s history.
11. SC4 Fine Arts Gallery- Faces of SC4, 95th Anniversary Exhibit
12. Huron Lightship - Tour the last lightship to operate on the Great Lakes $3/ person or family maximum (2 adults, up to 4 kids) $10.00.
13. Thomas Edison Depot Museum - Visit the actual Depot where Thomas Edison worked $3/ person or family max (2 adults, up to 4 kids) $10.00.
14. Port Huron Schools Robotics Demonstration - Watch the FRC Team 3667. The Mecanum Knights, demonstrate a variety of robotics technology, in front of the YMCA.
15. Fort Gratiot Light Station Tower Climb—See the real “View of the Blue” $5.00 per person. Closed shoes only, no flip flops sandals for your safety.
16. Carnegie Museum—Ship Model Collection
Welcome! You are visitor
since July 10th, 2015!