Michigan Thumbcoast Holiday Guide 2020: What, Where & When
Did 2020 change your holiday traditions or plans? No worries, we’ve got some incredible ’tis the season choices for a magical Michigan holiday for the entire family. The Thumbcoast boasts many seasonal events, unique gift boutiques, lighted parades, horse drawn hayrides and one-of-a-kind tree farms for that holiday masterpiece you’ll decorate! Grab a hot chocolate, put on festive music, get a warm blanket and your calendar because you’ll want to make plans to visit!
Fort Gratiot Lighthouse photo by Cheryl Cencich.
- Nov. 26 – Jan. 1 | Port Huron | Festival of Trees Display
- Nov. 28 | Port Huron | Small Business Holiday Shopping
- Nov. 27 | Port Huron | Sperry’s Drive-thru Santa Spectacle
- Dec. 1 | Marine City | Merrytime Christmas Parade
- Dec. 5 | Marine City | Merrytime Christmas Craft & Vendor Event
- Dec. 5 | Algonac | Lighted Christmas Parade & Nativity
- Dec. 5 | Marysville | Lighted Christmas Drive-thru Parade
- Dec. 5 | Harbor Beach | Annual Lighted Christmas Parade
- Dec. 5 | Port Austin | American Legion Drive-Thru Kids Christmas Party
- Dec. 11 – Dec. 19 | Port Huron | Historic Trolley Tours – Holiday Lights
- Dec. 12 | Lexington | Old Fashioned Christmas Horse Parade
- Dec. 13 – 24 | St. Clair County | Elf off the Shelf Social Media Tour
For detailed information about these social distance friendly events, visit our EVENTS GUIDE for the Blue Water Area Convention & Visitors Bureau. Events are subject to change, please check with each venue directly before visiting. Wear a mask and remember to social distance.
Photo: Sperry’s Santa Parade, Port Huron
Holiday Tree Farms
- Western’s Tree Farm in Applegate, about 36 miles north of Port Huron, a 4 generation family farm featuring horse drawn hayrides, craft shop with u-cut and pre-cut trees to pick from.
- Natural Tree Farms in Ruby, 12 miles west of Port Huron, has locally grown organic Blue, White and Norway Spruce trees. Opening day is Nov. 27 for u-cut and pre-cut trees.
- Centennial Pines Tree Farm in Goodells, 17 miles west of Port Huron, Family owned farm in their 167th year on this land. Open on the weekends starting on Nov. 27 with trees up to 15 feet tall for u-cut with hayrides and tree wrapping.
- Country Christmas Tree Farm & Gifts in Greenwood, 25 miles north of Port Huron, has a classic holiday experience includes wagon rides, hot chocolate, gift shopping and cutting your own tree.
Holiday Boutique Shopping
The shoreline communities of the Thumbcoast have some of the best shopping boutiques around, shop small and shop unique this holiday season. Look-up boutiques by the community you’re visiting at Holiday Shopping!
Photo: Le Marché Artisan Market in St. Clair.