Ship - Freighter Watching
- Thomas Edison Park Boardwalk is where Lake Huron meets the St. Clair River under the Blue Water Bridges to Canada. This area has outdoor park benches and unobstructed views. Located at 2200 Thomas Edison Parkway, Port Huron.
- The Great Lakes Maritime Center has indoor and outdoor spaces available for viewing and is the headquarters of BoatNerd.com. Located at 51 Court St., Port Huron. 810.985.4817
- Fort Gratiot Lighthouse, built in 1829, can still be climbed to the top for breathtaking panoramic views of passing ships. This area also has a beachfront to watch them from shore. Located at 2800 Omar St., Port Huron. 810.982.0891
- Marysville Beach & the Living Shoreline Promenade has benches, pier and unobstructed views. Located at 1660 River Rd., Marysville.
ST. CLAIR | Palmer Park has the longest freshwater boardwalk in the world, offering plenty of space in the sun or shaded park with benches. Located at 201 N. Riverside Ave., St. Clair.
- Lighthouse Park & Nautical Mile Park are both located along the St. Clair River with wonderful views and conveniently located in downtown close to restaurants & boutiques. Located on S. Main St., Marine City.
- Algonac Waterfront Park is a long boardwalk with benches, shade and sunny spots, you will only be able to see the passing ships at the north-end of the park because they will be going around Harsens Island. Located at 1130 St. Clair River Dr., Algonac.
- Harsens Island has a small park in San Souci across from Jane's San Souci Market where you can see ships passing. To get on the island you will have to take a car ferry over, in the summer this runs 24 hours a day, in the winter the hours will vary. Located near 3060 S. Channel Dr., Harsens Island.
LIVE 24/7 RIVER CAMERAS*
2 Cameras at the Blue Water Convention Center at the Blue Water Bridges Port Huron Cam and StreamTime Live Port Huron Cam
BoatNerd Camera at the Maritime Center in Port Huron
Marine City StreamTime Live Camera
Algonac StreamTime Live Camera
St. Clair Live Camera
*Cameras are not operated by the Blue Water Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
We would like to lookup your present location so we can provide accurate directions.
Your browser may ask for your permission to determine your location (possibly at the top of this page).
If you agree, we will use your current location as the starting point for directions. If you don't agree, you may enter a starting location when the map is displayed.