Climb to the top of the tower for an awesome view of Lake Huron and the majestic Blue Water Bridges. After extensive renovation, the lighthouse tower is open for public viewing and climbing. Along with restoration of lighthouse tower, a splendid gift shop has been added as well as artifacts display. The Fort Gratiot Lighthouse, built in 1825 and rebuilt in 1829 and 1861, was the first lighthouse on Lake Huron and is the oldest working lighthouse in Michigan.
With the grounds being re-opened, the working tower is standing as proud as ever. There is no admission to enter the grounds of the park and surrounding areas of the light station. Even without climbing the tower, visitors are guaranteed a fantastic lake side view of Lake Huron. Or climb those steps and get an expansive view of Lake Huron, the Blue Water Bridges, the shoreline and the City of Port Huron.
PLEASE BE AWARE: For the safety of all guests, closed-toe shoes are required to climb the tower. The Port Huron Museum apologizes for any inconvenience that this may cause, but it is for the safety of all.
Click here for more info and hours. Gift Shop at the Fort Gratiot Light Station