The Port Sanilac Lighthouse was established in 1886 and its guiding light has been operational ever since. The Lighthouse is constructed with white brick, has a red roof and has a foundation of dressed stone and timber. It towers over 59 feet high and is octagonal in shape.
Privately owned and operated, the Port Sanilac Lighthouse is not open to public tours. However, exterior views are available from the grounds.