1. Blue Water Sturgeon Festival and Huron Lady Sturgeon Cruises – This year the event will be at at the historic Ft Gratiot. Advance ticket purchase required for the Huron Lady Sturgeon tours. For more info on the Huron Lady II tour visit huronlady.com or call 810-984-1500
2. Vantage Point Maritime Center - Flower Market, Hike the Blue Water River Walk and Wetland County Park.
3. Bluewater Water Area Transit Depot—Tourist Bus Transfer to north and south attractions—audio history
5. YMCA of the Blue Water Area – Demonstrations.
6. The Grayfox Sea Cadet Training Ship - Tour a former Navy ship and watch Sea Cadet Boatswain demonstrations.
7. Art Studio 1219 - View art exhibits, pottery and special demonstrations.
8. Knowlton Ice Museum of North America - History of ice harvesting, short film, kid’s crafts.
9. Huron Lightship - Tour the last lightship to operate on the Great Lakes $3/ person or family maximum (2 adults, up to 4 kids).
10. Thomas Edison Depot Museum - Visit the actual Depot where Thomas Edison worked $3/person Or family max (2 adults, up to 4 kids).
11. Port Huron Schools Robotics Demonstration - Watch the FRC Team 3667. The Mecanum Knights, demonstrate a variety of robotics technology, in front of the YMCA.
12. Fort Gratiot Light Station Tower Climb—See the real “View of the Blue” $5.00 per person. Closed shoes only, no flip flops sandals for your safety.
13. Carnegie Museum - Ship Model Collection.
This year, Be A Tourist will provide you some themes; Art Walk, Museum, Maritime, Sturgeon Festival, Taste of Port Huron. Look for some maps of the different tours.
For example, If you like the Art and history tour, start at the historic NSCS Grayfox and head toward Art Studio 1219 (awesome). Then head over to the Knowlton Ice Museum. Try some of the food on Main Street. Finish off with a visit to the Vantage Point Maritime Center. We expect you to find many venues where you will want to stop along the way and visit.