9/15/2014 (All Day) to 7/6/2014
Voted one of the top 10 Sand Sculpturing Competitions in the country by USA Today, 2014 marks the 2nd year the Blue Water SandFest will host Michigan's first and only Master Sand Sculpting and Advanced Amateur competition and festival. This three day event, which starts on Friday, July 4th and runs through Sunday, July 6th, is held on the park grounds of the Fort Gratiot Light Station, along the beautiful Lake Huron beach over the 4th of July weekend in Port Huron, MI.
This year’s event will feature the Master Level "Michigan State Championships", the Advanced Amateur "Michigan State Championships", along with an amateur contest. Master and Advanced Amateur Sculptors are coming from 6 different States and 3 Canadian Provinces.New for 2014
- An Interactive Photo Opportunity Sand Sculptures designed so you can step into the sculpture, become a part of it and have your photo taken.
- New Kids Sand Zone: a place for the kids to practice their sand sculpting skills and have hands-on lessons.
- Master Sand Sculpting (State Championships) Contest
- Advanced Amateur (State Championships) Contest
- Amateur Contest (Saturday)
- Interactive Sand Sculptures
- Live Music
- Sand Sculpting Demonstrations
- Hands-on Lessons
- Quick Sand© competition
- Food Vendors
- Kids Zone and much more...
Both regional and local favorites will appear on the "always-something-on" stage, beginning each day at 11:00 am (gates open at 10:00 am.) They include: Tommy Montoux, Nick Beauregard, Jimmy Deheno, Jeff Smith, Runyon Branch, Julianne Ankley, Haven, Dean Bennett, Smith & Tucker, 5th Avenue and Brothers in Arms.
Admission to SandFest: $5.00 per person, Kids 4 and younger – FreeThe Fort Gratiot Light Station County Park at located at 2802 Omar St. (at the East end of Garfield St.) in Port Huron, MI.